Monday, August 11, 2014

Welcome Aboard

Happy Start of the 2014-2015 School Year!
I am not really sure how to make my grand entrance into the blogging world, but I guess you start blogging like you start most things in life, with an introduction.  So here goes…  I am Ashley McKelvey, the Math-Science Coach at Oakland Elementary School, and I am beginning this blog for several different reasons. First of all, I was inspired by the great blogs created by teachers right here at Oakland Elementary.  I love going to their blogs and getting a "sneak peek" into their classrooms.  I wanted to create a blog that gave that same glimpse into the math and science world here at Oakland.  The second reason for creating this blog is my desire to connect with other educators with an interest in the math and science fields.  I hope that I will find other professionals that want to share teaching and learning ideas.  Then, last but not least I hope to open dialog with parents and community members about what's current in the world of math and science in education.  Blogging appears to be an avenue where I can accomplish these things and more, so I’m exploring.  After all the timing is perfect as we “Set Sail for Learning” this year at Oakland.  


Enjoy the journey,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment